MANAGED, LEASED OR OWNED
…THE CHOICE IS YOURS
STUDENT TRANSIT works with the school district to develop a fleet plan that meets the two (2) key criteria:
- Average age of the fleet
- Funding available for fleet procurement
STUDENT TRANSIT assists in developing life cycle management plans for the fleet. This includes:
- Managing the size current fleet, ensuring the optimal number of route and spare buses
- Researching and developing vehicle leasing programs
- Having STUDENT TRANSIT purchase and operate vehicles
The needs of each school district are unique and each fleet plan is designed meet your fleet age and funding requirements. To support the fleet plan we leverage our relationships with the major bus manufacturers to provide the optimal vehicle program.
STUDENT TRANSIT recommends the following minimum fleet standards are:
- Uniformity in equipment type
- Consistency in technology applications
- Maintenance of interior and exterior appearance
- Meet or exceed manufacturer’s service maintenance intervals
One procured, our maintenance team ensures that our vehicles remain in optimum condition and that all preventive and scheduled maintenance is completed on time.