STUDENT TRANSIT believes in doing everything possible to make students and drivers as safe and secure as they can be. When it comes to safety, we never compromise.
STUDENT TRANSIT guarantees that all of its drivers shall at all times be in compliance with the all Local, State and U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and shall be in compliance with the Federal Highway Administration's controlled substances testing regulations for drivers. All drivers will always have the required certifications and endorsements.
In our Driver Program, the safety elements include:
- Federal Background Checks
- 7 Stage Hiring Process
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Random Drug Testing
- Rigorous Classroom Training
- Skid Pad Training – the only school bus company to require this program
- Field Safety Training
- Training programs in student management, customer service, special needs student care and a curriculum of other safety related topics.
In our Vehicle Program, our maintenance team complies with a 5 Module Maintenance Program that covers:
- Mechanic Qualifications
- Facility Management
- Service Intervals
- Quality Management
- Vehicle and Parts Procurement
In addition, vehicles are equipped with the following safety management features:
- Driver Monitoring Cameras
- On-board Camera Systems
Our shops operate with a computer system that enables transparent analysis of all work done on the vehicles.
Safety is managed as if all students and drivers are STUDENT TRANSIT family members.